ସ୍ୱାସ୍ଥ୍ୟସେବା ନିର୍ଦ୍ଦେଶକଙ୍କ ଶକ୍ତି ଏବଂ କାର୍ଯ୍ୟ, ଓଡ଼ିଶା
- ସେ ରାଜ୍ୟର ସମସ୍ତ ସ୍ୱାସ୍ଥ୍ୟ ଯୋଜନା ଏବଂ ନୀତିର ସଫଳ ଏବଂ ଠିକ ସମୟରେ କାର୍ଯ୍ୟକାରୀ କରିବା ପାଇଁ କାର୍ଯ୍ୟନିର୍ବାହୀ ମୁଖ୍ୟ ଏବଂ ଏହିପରି କାର୍ଯ୍ୟକାରିତା ଉପରେ କୌଣସି ତ୍ରୁଟି ଏବଂ ଆୟୋଗ ପାଇଁ ସରକାରଙ୍କ ଉତ୍ତରଦାୟୀ |
- ସେ ହେଉଛନ୍ତି ଜାତୀୟ ଯୋଜନା, ରାଜ୍ୟ ଯୋଜନା, କେନ୍ଦ୍ରୀୟ ଯୋଜନା ତଥା କେନ୍ଦ୍ରୀୟ ପ୍ରାୟୋଜିତ ଯୋଜନା ଅଧୀନରେ ଥିବା ସ୍ୱାସ୍ଥ୍ୟ ସେବା ସେବା ବଜେଟ୍ ସହିତ ଜଡିତ ବଜେଟ୍, ଓଡ଼ିଶା, ପରିବାର କଲ୍ୟାଣ, ଓଡ଼ିଶା, ଏସଆଇଏଚ ଏବଂ ଏଫ ଡବ୍ଲୁ , ଓଡ଼ିଶା ଏବଂ ଡ୍ରଗ୍ ନିୟନ୍ତ୍ରଣ ସଂଗଠନ ନିୟନ୍ତ୍ରଣ କର୍ତ୍ତୃପକ୍ଷ।
- ସେ ବଜେଟ୍ ଉପରେ ନଜର ରଖନ୍ତି ଏବଂ ଆକାଉଣ୍ଟାଣ୍ଟ ଜେନେରାଲ୍, ଓଡ଼ିଶାର ଅଡିଟ୍ ସହିତ ଆକାଉଣ୍ଟ୍ ଚୂଡ଼ାନ୍ତ କରନ୍ତି |
- ଓପିଆର, ଓଡ଼ିଶାର ଟି.ଏ ନିୟମ ଅନୁଯାୟୀ ସେ ଓ.ଜି.ଏଫ.ଆର , ଓଡ଼ିଶା, ସେବା ସଂକେତ ଅଧୀନରେ ବିଭାଗର ମୁଖ୍ୟମାନଙ୍କ କାର୍ଯ୍ୟ ତୁଲାନ୍ତି |
- He is the disciplinary authority in respect of the State Cadre Non-Gazetted Staffs and Appellate Authority in respect of District Cadre Posts.
- He acts as Chief Registrar Birth and Death of the State under Birth and Death Registration Act.
- He renders advise to State Government on the matter of Health Care Services in the State and initiatives proposals there fore to Government.
- Supervision and inspection on the field of Health Care Institution and it’s Services are the integral part of his duties and functions.
- Hears public grievances and takes redressal measures including spot redressal measure within the score of his position.
- He acts as Public Authority under R.T.I Act. So far it relates to Health Directorate.
- He accepts inter Directorate liaison for health administration so also represents Government in State and Center on Technical and Genetic matter relating to improvement in Health care services as well as controlling Health Services.
- Exercises control over district health Care administration.
- He is responsible to monitor and management of health care services during natural calamities, epidemic and disaster situation.
- Keeps watch on different Health related project operate in the State including project under N.G.O Sector.
- He is the chairman in Central Drugs procurement agency.
- Any other duties and function as may assigned by Government according to his position in State Health Administration.
Director of Health Services, Orissa being responsible for multifunction health administration as Heads of Department is assisted by 6 (Six) Joint Heads of Department like (1) Joint Director of Health Services (Ophthalmology) (2) Joint Director of Health Services (Planning & Development) (3) Joint Director of Health Services (Medical) (4) Joint Director of Health Services (P.H) (5) Joint Director of Health Services (Malaria & Filaria) (9) Joint Director of Health Services (T.B & Lep). F.A Cum C.A.O and Accounts Officer are there to assist Director of health Services, Orissa in financial management. There below Deputy Director, Medical Store, Establishment Officers, Deputy Director (V.S), Deputy Director (Filaria), Deputy Director (T.B) and other subordinate Officers and Staffs are available to assist Director of Health Services, Orissa to discharge his duties and functions as Heads of Department.